The global contraceptives market size was US$ 28,032.4 million in 2021. The global contraceptives market size is estimated to reach US$ 49,409.1 million by 2030, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030.
Contraception is a process of preventing pregnancy by drugs or a device. It is also called birth control and fertility control. The devices or drugs utilized in contraception interrupt the usual method of sperm-ovum fertilization to stop pregnancy.
Factors Influencing Market Growth
- The increase in focus on the demand for family planning and preventing unintentional pregnancy drives the overall market expansion.
- The rise in the use of contraception in young women and an increase in higher educational achievement drive the overall market expansion.
- Health problems associated with teenage pregnancies, a rise in awareness of current contraception, and an increase in the usage of oral pills drive the overall market expansion.
- The increased absorption rate, increase in participation of reproductive women in the workforce, and increased awareness about contraceptive products among the population propel the expansion of the overall market.
Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 had a severe impact on the overall market expansion. Due to the lockdown bar in the countries and delays in the production and manufacturing of contraceptive drugs, and devices utilized in specialty clinics and households. Thus, hindering the overall market growth.
North America recorded the highest share of the overall market in 2020. This market is anticipated to hold its lead during the analysis period owing to a rise in awareness among the population, an increase in the use of modern contraceptives, and an increase in the majority of sexually transferred diseases like HIV/AIDS.
The prominent players in the global contraceptives market are:
- Mayer Laboratorie
- The Cooper Companies
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Church & Dwight
- Bayer AG
- Merck & Co
The global contraceptives market segmentation focuses on Product Type, Age Group, End User, and Region.
Segmentation on the basis of Product Type
Segmentation on the basis of Age Group
- 15-44 Years
- Above 44 Years
Segmentation on the basis of End Use
Segmentation on the basis of Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America