The global women sports and swimwear market size was US$ 81.7 billion in 2021. The global women sports and swimwear market size is estimated to reach US$ 142.7 billion by 2030, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030
Sports clothing is generally worn during workouts or athletic competitions. When performing physical activities, they tend to provide comfort and flexibility. It is composed of breathable materials that allow sweat to dissipate faster, letting the wearer remain cool for longer.
Factors Influencing Market Growth
- With the rise in the population of wealthy people, sports and swimwear have become more popular in emerging markets. Thus, driving the overall market growth.
- The increasing health consciousness and customer uptake of fitness activities such as swimming, yoga, jogging, and aerobics drive the overall market growth.
- The rise in female engagement in fitness and sporting activities drives the overall market expansion.
Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 had a severe impact on the overall market growth. Due to the impact on challenging economic conditions and business globally. However, it has been able to resume pre-COVID-19 levels of growth. Due to the restarting of gyms, sporting events, and other nationwide and global competitions.
Asia-Pacific is the largest and fastest-growing region owing to an increase in marketing initiatives like celebrity endorsements and heavy marketing campaigns.
The prominent players in the global women sports and swimwear market are:
- Arena Italia
- Adidas AG
- La Perla Group
- Lululemon Athletica
- Perry Ellis International
- Under Armour
The global women sports and swimwear market segmentation focuses on Material, Price Point, Distribution Channel, and Region.
Segmentation on the basis of Material
Segmentation on the basis of Price Point
Segmentation on the basis of Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets
- Brand Outlets
- Discount Stores
Segmentation on the basis of Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America