The global silicone fabric market was valued at $3.2 billion in 2020. It is forecast that the silicone fabric market will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 3.9% during the forecast period from 2021-2027.
Silicone fabric is dense, dimensionally stable, flexible, and thin. In addition to its durability, it is reliable and provides long-term performance. Despite being tensile and tear-resistant, it is thermo-weldable and high-strength. Those properties have increased their use in many industries, including manufacturing, consumer goods, automotive, aerospace, and construction.
Factors Affecting the Global Silicone Fabrics Market
- A primary driver of silicon fabric demand is stringent government regulations related to automobile safety, manufacturing industry growth, protective clothing demand, and the growing adoption of silicon fabrics in upholstery and furniture.
- Due to silicone's outstanding compatibility with commonly used airbag fabrics, such as nylon, it forms a protective layer against moisture and remains chemically inert. The advantage of silicone-coated fabric will likely fuel the market for automotive airbags.
- Silicone fabrics in automotive airbags application will be driven by safety regulations, increasing installation rates, and growing demand for frontal, curtain/side, and knee airbags.
- Since low-cost substitutes are readily available, silicone fabrics market growth is expected to slow.
- As silicone fabrics are increasingly becoming popular in the healthcare sector, the silicone fabrics market will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on the Global Silicone Fabric Market
In 2020, the industrial sector's demand declined sharply due to the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition to the decline in energy prices, the gap between supply and demand was a resounding factor. In the wake of economic losses, several production activities have halted until the economy has recovered. Consequently, the manufacturing industry has experienced a global decline in demand for silicone fabrics.
Regional Analysis of the Global Silicone Fabric Market
Due to strong demand in manufacturing, automotive, and fabrication, Asia-Pacific accounted for a substantial global market share in 2020. Silicone fabrics have been experiencing consistent growth in the Asia Pacific region due to an increase in automotive production, an increase in airbag production in the region, and growth in the manufacturing sector and the healthcare and medical sector. A decline in economic growth has been attributed to the Covid-19 pandemic in several countries, including India, ASEAN, and other nations, due to disruptions in supply chains, declining demand for industrial products, suspension of manufacturing, and declining energy prices.
Key Players in the Global Silicone Fabric Market
The leading competitors in the global silicone fabric market include:
- Trelleborg AB
- Compagnie DE Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Serge Ferrari Group
- 3M Company
- KAP AG
- Auburn Manufacturing Inc.
- Nott Company
- Mid-Mountain Materials, Inc.
- Wallean Industries Company Limited,
- Newtex Industries, Inc.
- Colmant Coated Fabrics
- Precision Coating & Coated Fabrics
- Jiangsu Multiflon Hi-Tech Co., Ltd.
- Chemprene Inc.
- Precision Coating & Coated Fabrics, Tapes, Belts (FTB)
- Other Prominent Players
Aim of the Report: The Global Silicone Fabric Market
The global silicone fabric market is segmented by End-Use, Base Fabric, Application, and Region.
Segmentation based on End-Use
Segmentation based on Base Fabric
Segmentation based on Application
- Protective Clothing
- Industrial Fabric
- Clothing Fabric
Segmentation based on Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America