The global beet sugar sales market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 5% during the forecast period from 2021-2030.
Sugar beet is a type of root vegetable typically used to produce sugar. Despite being high in nutrients, it's low in fat and calories, so it's a good choice. A number of companies are engaged in producing sugar from sugar beets, and they also use the by-product of the process, which is dried beet pulp.
- Weather conditions play an essential role in the production of sugar. The dry weather has a negative effect on sugarcane crops, resulting in less production. As a result of weather conditions disrupting sugar production, sugar substitutes are becoming increasingly worldwide. Beet sugar is becoming a superior alternative to extractive sweeteners because beet sugar is an absolute choice instead of extracted sugar. Thus, increasing the demand for the beet sugar sales market.
- The naturally occurring organic substance betaine occurs in beet sugar extract, one of the key ingredients in energy drinks for athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The beverage industry has been experiencing sugar reduction trends and the growing need for healthier beverages, which, in turn, is driving consumption of beet sugar in the beverage industry.
- Sugar extracting from diseased crops or genetically modified sugar beets may affect the final product's quality, limiting the growth of the beet sugar sales market globally.
Impact Analysis of COVID-19
COVID-19 and the lockdowns implemented by various countries to stop it have had devastating effects on many industries, including beet sugar sales worldwide. Beet sugar is a significant player in several sectors across the globe. In addition to the pandemic, this industry has faced numerous challenges along the way. Globally, the pandemic threatens beet sugar sales market stakeholders and its allied industries. COVID-19 has harmed the entire value chain of the sweetener sector and the marketing and export of beet sugar.
Globally, North America contributes the highest share to beet sugar consumption, followed by Europe. Sugar beets are already a high-value crop in Western and Central Europe. Despite this, Asia-Pacific is forecast to be the fastest-growing region as India has all the makings of becoming the world's fastest-growing market due to its rising standard of living.
The leading prominent competitors in the global beet sugar sales market are:
- AGRANA Zucker GmbH (Europe)
- Amalgamated Sugar (United States)
- American Crystal Sugar Company (United States)
- British Sugar Plc (United Kingdom)
- CropEnergies AG (Europe)
- Michigan Sugar Company (United States)
- Nippon Beet Sugar Manufacturing (Japan)
- Nordic Sugar A/S (Europe)
- Rana Sugar Ltd (India)
- Renuka beet sugar (India)
- Siemens AG (Europe)
- Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative (United States)
- Tereos (France)
- The Western Sugar Cooperative (United States)
- Wyoming Sugar Company (United States)
- Other Key Manufacturers.
Scope of the Report
The global beet sugar sales market segmentation focuses on Application, Function, and Region.
Segmentation based on Application
- Dairy Industry
- Beverage Stabilizer
Segmentation based on Function
- Medical Conditions
Segmentation based on Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America