The global mobile imaging market was valued at $29,389.1 million in 2020. It is forecast that the global mobile imaging market will grow at a CAGR of 6.48% during the forecast period from 2021-2027.
The use of mobile imaging technology allows for fast, accurate diagnostic services on-site, transforming a traditionally time-consuming and difficult process into one that's easy, fast, and results in immediate feedback. There is a wide variety of novel uses for mobile imaging, including in cardiology, neurology, and women's health. A mobile imaging service can provide X-rays for medical facilities, electrocardiograms (EKGs), and ultrasound services for residential and private customers.
Factors Affecting the Global Mobile Imaging Market
- Mobile imaging market growth is primarily driven by a rise in chronic diseases like cancer, neurological disorders, and cardiovascular diseases due to an increase in alcohol consumption, unhealthy eating habits, smoking, and increasing awareness about early diagnosis of illnesses.
- A pandemic of Covid-19 outbreak, strategic collaborations and acquisitions of key players, and significant development in digital radiology boost market growth.
- The costs of maintaining mobile imaging equipment and the difficulty of moving the portable imaging units hinder the market growth.
- There is a shortage of qualified radiologists in the medical field, so the market growth is limited.
- The strong growth potential of emerging markets offers manufacturers a chance to capitalize.
Covid-19 Impact on the Global Mobile Imaging Market
Several global healthcare facilities have been inundated with Covid-19. Some industries, including healthcare, have been forced to halt operations & function temporarily due to the disease. Inversely, due to the rise in prevalence of Covid-19, the demand for mobile imaging services, such as CT scanning and X-ray, has increased considerably due to the growing need for diagnostic tests for Covid-19-positive cases. The mobile imaging market is expected to grow due to the growing demand for these mobile imaging services due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Regional Outlook of the Global Mobile Imaging Market
A robust mobile imaging market exists in Asia-Pacific due to the improvement in healthcare infrastructure, the rise in chronic diseases, the increase in disposable income, and the surge in the geriatric population. Additionally, the growing economies of developing nations, such as India and China, will contribute to the growth of mobile imaging in Asia. Further, the expansion of health and oncology centers backed by government initiatives will enable mobile medical imaging to spread throughout developing regions.
Key Players in the Global Mobile Imaging Market
Several companies that are profiled in the global mobile imaging market include:
- Inhealth Group Limited
- Alliance Healthcare Services
- Accurate Imaging Inc.
- Cobalt Health
- Trident USA Health Services
- Front Mobile Imaging
- Interim Diagnostic Imaging Inc.
- Insights Health Services Corp.
- RadNet Inc.
- Atlantic Medical Imaging Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Aim of the Report: The Global Mobile Imaging Market
The global mobile imaging market is segmented by End-User, Service Type, Patient Type, and Region.
Segmentation based on End-User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Home Healthcare
Segmentation based on Service Type
- CT Scan
- Nuclear Imaging
Segmentation based on Patient Type
Segmentation based on Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America